9.30.2011

Slasher ... Horror ... Scarefest

As you can see I'm on a weeklong horror movie bend.

Thinking about all the movies we watched together as kids has me excitedly looking through my dvds getting ready for the weekend. While Peter loved campy slasher films as much as Hitchcock films (who could forget The Birds), the primal killer and supernatural lured him too. While he could enjoy black and white films, there was nothing like watching blood and gore with him doing sound effects and setting up visuals to freak out his mother and sisters.



Do You See The Resemblance? 


To cap off the week of ghoulish movies to kick off Fright Month, here are a few more of Pete's favorites:

* Jaws ( I know  you don't consider this to be a horror film, but Peter liked it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4nFYMYTY4

* Carrie  ( nothing like blood in a bucket) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nvpjS0-y4

* American Werewolf in London (Peter loved the special effects ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4

Side Note: I've seen Peter recreate the American Werewolf scene (minus the ripping off clothes). He would be in the middle of a normal activity and then he'd throw himself on the floor and recreating the wolf growls and the blood curdling screams. God ... I miss those days when you could be a child and do that in public !

10 comments:

  1. This post is wonderful! LOVE IT!! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if he like CARRIE! Love the Horror theme you've been doing, thanks Darcie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man was possessed by Halloween. Too cute. Might be a little bit of resemblance there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these fond memories, complicated emotions to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I see the resemblance? Uh.... nope. Well, maybe one, sort of. The first picture scares my pants off. The second just makes me want to take my pants off. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. REMINDS ME OF A BOOK I NOW OWN CALLED:

    THE ULTIMATE WEREWOLF

    "IT WAS A 1941 FILM, THAT IS IMPETUS FOR THE BOOK YOU NOW HOLD. NO MATTER HOW MANY SPECTACULAR WEREWOLF STORIES HAD BEEN WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED BEFORE THE HOUSE LIGHTS WENT DOWN AND THE OPENING CREDITS ROLLED FOR THE FIRST TIME (AND IT HAS BEEN SUSPECTED THAT WHEN JACK WILLIAMSON SAT DOWN TO WRITE "DARKER THAN YOU THINK" FOR "UNKNOWN" IN 1939, WHIT IT WAS PUBLISHED IN LATE 1940, WHEN IT WAS EXPANDED FOR BOOK PUBLICATION IN 1948, IT WAS THE FINAL MOMENT OF NON-FILMIC INFLUENCE IN THE WEREWOLF GENRE), THEREAFTER NO ONE COULD GO TO THE FORM FREE OF THE TORMENTED FACE OF LAWRENCE TALBOT.

    SO I GUESS THE QUESTION REMAINS: WHO AMONG US ARE THE REAL BEASTS!!!

    EVEN A MAN WHO IS PURE IN HEART
    AND SAYS HIS PRAYERS BY NIGHT,
    MAY BECOME A WOLF WHEN THE WOLFBANE BLOOMS
    AND THE AUTUMN MOON SHINES BRIGHT!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcheline: I'm with you when you're right, and well said! Just before scrolling down from the upper photo I thought, "What sort of 'I'm going to be gruesome and ugly' moment of Pete's are they going to have posted?!" ...and I braced myself only to look up to... It's not so much an "Awww!" moment as an "Ahhh!!!" moment!

    I'm sure this was unintentional, but thank you, Darcie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the first time I saw American Werewolf in London. The bit where David is on the bed in the middle of the woods and he has the scarey eyes and teeth...freaked me out and I love the bit at the beginning where the wolf is stalking the guys. Really good movie all round.
    Jaws is a classic, the first attack with the girl is so good.
    Carrie..well thats proof bullying has been around for a long time. Damn kids dont they realise they are going to burn in hell for their mean behaviour! Blood in a bucket..reminds me of Motley Crue last week.
    I could talk about horror movies for weeks!
    Horror movies..another thing people bond over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hitchcock films are always something special - yeah it stills scares me to see 'The Birds' :-) & Carrie - another classic - love it :-) thx for bringing up memories with all these movies.
    @Marcheline & dunebuggy4: completely agree with u - so well said :-)
    Take care & enjoy the colors of autumn
    -Sabine-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok completely unrelated to this post BUT, I had to share.....
    I put a TON sticker on my car at least 6 months ago, and despite my 80 mile a day trip to and from work, no one ever beeped, thumbs up, anything. Dissapointed, I gave up and thought maybe I need to change the color or move it since my rear window is very slanted so maybe no one can see it.
    Coming home from RI yesterday there was an awful traffic jam and we were stopped for miles. Some car was trying to cut everyone off so I moved over so he couldnt get by. Figuring he'd be pissed,I was expecting the finger! He started to give me thumbs up. Then he flashes a black and green CD and the next thing I know, I hear Profit of Doom coming out of his car. FINALLY! Someone saw my sticker! I was very excited and rocked on along with him. :)

    ReplyDelete